
Those are the 4 words you dread to hear while on a conference call at work! :P
This afternoon I was on a weekly conference call with about 30 other people from a bunch of different companies. In the middle of it, I saw Josh was calling on the other line. So I quickly picked it up and told him I was on a call and I'd call him when it was done.
The problem was, that when I returned to my conference call, I didn't press the mute button. So I was sitting there for awhile listening and being quiet. Then a manager from another department came over to my desk looking for a distribution list. I started talking to her "Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah".
Now if you have ever met me, you know I have a very distinct voice. (Seriously, I sound like a little 5 year old girl) I can't help it though, I just have a little smurfy voice.
So the lady from my company who is running the call starts saying "Jenny we can hear you talking!" But I'm not listening, I'm talking to this manager lady at my desk.
Then I get an email from ex-coworker who is on the conference call in another building. "Your Not On Mute! Your Not On Mute!" Simultaneously, a guy in my cube farm who is also on the call peeks around the corner and whispers "Your Not On Mute!"
I'm like, what???
Then my face turns red! I feel like a complete moron :P
8 comments:
Thanks, but the problem is, is that I'm missing the perfect hair and wardrobe :P
OMG! I hate when that happens!
(ps: i adore your voice...)
Oh no! Oh well..at least you didn't say anything embarrasing--like "my boss sucks" or something like that! LOL
oh no!
What ShakenB said! :D
NOW THAT would happen to me, and I would have said something like my boss being suckish.
Too bad I missed that call. I bet you turned bright red. hahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh. You can tell me all about it in person tomorrow.
-Melissa
I just made myself an account, so I have to see if my name and picture post.
-Melissa
Post a Comment