
As many of you know. I am a very loyal customer of Taco Bell and have been for the past 20 years. So today after work Josh took me there for dinner (this is not an unusual event).
When we went in, I immediately noticed the new cashier at the counter. I went up to the front and first ordered a Tostada. Which is a flat hard tortilla shell topped with beans, sauce, lettuce, and cheese.

The cashier spent about 20 seconds trying to find it on her touch-screen cash register. Then she asks, "Do you want that with beef, chicken, or steak?"
I was taken aback a little bit and then tried to explain to her what exactly a tostada was. She looks around for a fellow co-worker, but seems too shy or stubborn to ask. She then goes back to looking through her register. She finally finds it and I go on to my next item...
Me: "I'll have a grilled steak taco..."
Cashier: "Do you want that with nacho cheese, sour cream, or baja style?"
This is also a new question for me since a steak taco is strictly steak, a yummy lime sauce, lettuce, tomato, and cheese in a soft shell tortilla.

I say again... "A GRILLED STEAK TACO???"
She stares at my blankly and says, "yes."
Then I try to explain to her what a grilled steak taco is. She then replies, "So you want that baja style?"
By this time I give up!
When our food comes. The tostada is there, but the grilled steak taco somehow got transposed into a Baja Steak Gordita.
Luckily, when Josh goes up to the counter, there is a super nice taco bell guy there. He makes me a grilled steak taco, gives us our money back since the gordita was twice as much as my taco should have been.
The funny thing is that even though the new cashier didn't know what she was doing. She just kept punching in wrong orders.
After we sat down 4 more customers had they're orders all screwed up and the nice man at the counter had to go around fixing all of them. Trying to figure out what people really ordered, opposed to what the stupid cashier punched in.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure cashiering can be very confusing at a new job, but they could at least have someone stand there with her until she learns the ropes.
I'm not mad or anything. I just felt stupid trying to explain the menu to a taco bell cashier.
Hopefully I won't get her again. Or maybe she will have learned the menu next time I see her :P
14 comments:
At least we got to try something new at Taco Bell. You expanded your horizons today, horray.
Yeah, now I know that I don't like steak gordita's. The sauce on it is funny :)
I feel the cashier's pain. I know from past experience that starting a new cashier job is difficult. Each store/place has their own system. I've screwed up my fair share of orders when working at different stores. They only stay with you for so long for training and then they leave you on your own. Plus working with the public isn't easy either.
We got our order at the one in SP screwed up yesterday, too! Is that where you went?
We were in the drive up, and instead of a chili cheese burrito we got a bean burrito. Good thing my 5 yo doesn't care, or know the difference!
Josh, how kind and sweet of you to take care of your honey's order.
Now it's only 9am and I'm wishing there was a Taco Bell in Cbus.
Did you know there used to be one in the Cenex gas station?
It's such a complicated world out there!
The sad thing is that she can probably do more things with her cell phone then I can.
LOL
Maybe she can't call people in her pants! lmao!!!!
that grilled steak taco sounds YUMMY!!! I love lime... ;)
No it was a TB in Madison. Althought Josh and I do usually go to the one in Sun Prairie.
I had heard there used to be a TB in the gas station. I wish Columbus would get a TB someday. It would be a dream come true!
That's funny that she was that inept and they left her to fend for herself. Wow. "No time to train you, go forth and f*ck up!"
:p
My favorite thing at Taco Bell is the steak taco. YUMMO! I've often wished there was a Taco Bell here when I'm driving home at 11pm and haven't eaten. Both of them that I pass are a hassle to get to, and I'm usually talking myself out of a taco and into a bowl of soup or a PBJ at home.
:)
"go forth and f*ck up!"
*giggles some more...*
If I was rich, I would open my own Taco Bell in Columbus!
Now I want Taco Bell!!!
I salute the Taco Bell Gods!
Oh Jenny! You crack me up!!!! LOL
Post a Comment