
After work today I stopped at Pick N' Crap to pick up some Apple Juice. Josh and I are both sick and there's nothing better than Apple Juice to make you feel better.
So I run in, grab the apple juice, and then go to the check out. My total comes to $2.99... Sweet; I give $3 to the cashier. In return she gives me my receipt and tells me to have a good night. I walk away with my apple juice and then think - Hey, she owes me a penny... Yeah, it's only a penny, but it should have been my penny... Should I go back and demand my penny?... No..., then she'll just think I'm some tight-wad... But it is my money... Pennies add up ya know...
In the end, I decide to hang my head in shame and sheepishly walk away.
So what would you have done in this scenario? Do you demand your penny or don'tcha?
--------------------------------

I just finished watching last night's season premiere of Ghost Hunters. It scared the SHIZIT out of me, but I loved it. I have been watching Ghost Hunters ever since Season 1 and it never disappoints, because I know when they find evidence it's actually real. It is the only ghost hunting show on tv that I actually believe (besides Ghost Hunters International). In my opinion, all those other ghost shows are full of bolonga! Sometimes they go to a location and don't find anything, but I would rather them not find anything, than make it up.
For those of you who have never watched Ghost Hunters before. Here is a run down on what it is all about...

Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson of Warwick, Rhode Island - founders of the group TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society)- stake out haunted locations along with their team members. They use scientific equipment like digital thermometers, EMF (electromagnetic field) scanners, infrared and night vision cameras, handheld digital video cameras, digital audio recorders, and laptop computers to investigate. They go into locations looking to dis-prove hauntings. They first listen to the claims of activity, then go in and try to find logical reasons for why the activity happened, (like loose pipes in the basement, high EMF readings from crappy wiring, air flow issues, lighting from outside, etc). But sometimes they are left with compelling evidence which is hard to dismiss.

The episodes that are most memorable to me are their investigation of The Stanley Hotel and The St. Augustine Lighthouse. Those ones have some compelling evidence!
So last night's episode, they were in Buffalo, New York at the Iron Island Museum. It was built as a church in the 1800's and then converted to a funeral parlor in the 1950's. About 8 years ago some people bought it and turned it into a museum. They have been experiencing some weird phenomenon. So Ghost Hunters came in to investigate. During an investigation a dark figure unlocked the front doors and opened and closed them. Jason and Grant also encountered the ghost of a man in the attic. They kept hearing thumping noises up there. When Grant poked his head up to investivate. He saw a black figure running at him. When they played back the audio, you can hear a voice say "What do ya want?".... It was scary.

While Tango (a TAPS team member) was doing an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) Session, - It is when you use a voice recorder to ask questions, then play back the recording to see if you got any responses that weren't heard at the time-, they picked up a voice saying "Leave Me Alone!" They also picked up a voice in what could be Polish, but who knows. Anyway, it was scary.
I recommend Ghost Hunters to all my friends and get rather emotional telling the episode recaps.
I've had a couple weird experiences before, but I'll save them for my next post. I have to give ya a reason to come back don't I???? Hehehe! Sweet Dreams :)
9 comments:
Jennay!!! I love your emotional retelling of ghost stories!!!
Well, for what it's worth, it would depend on how far I had gone before noticing about the penny! I certainly would like to have the chance to refuse the penny rather than have soemone not give it to me, but I might be too chicken to go back! (especially if I were not feeling well)
Hope you guys are back to 100% SOON!
Well, Pick-n-Save actually has those little machines that spit out your change. The cashier usually reminds you to take it though. If I was still in the store, I'd probably go back and scoop it out of the metal bowl, but otherwise, I'd just be peeved at myself too....
Jenny-I have to send you a link to my friend's blog about their trip to a ghost place. They did the ghost hunter thing and had some scary chit happen to them too. Eek. I'm trying to go to bed early.
Get better you two!! :)
(I missed a couple blogs somehow...great to see you blogging again)!
Jenny--I know what you mean about the penny. I probably would have done and felt the same as you.
Ghosts--I have a ghost story. I ought to blog it. It isn't very exciting though. But it WAS real. I wish I had cable so I could watch your show. I would totally get into that.
Get well, soon, Jenny & Josh! I, too, missed a few of your posts and am glad I found them.
Is BW3 still on state street? Date night with hubby about ten years ago, if I remember correctly.
We had a ghost in our house when we first moved to Columbus. She's gone now, though.
I liked your post about events and how one thing has to have happened...very cool way to think!
Oh, I forgot: I'd probably do the same as you when it came to the penny. A penny is a penny, and it does all add up. I once heard that Donald Trump cashed a 13 cent check!
But, I would be too chicken to go back for my penny. People in this town talk! I don't want to be known as cheap, among OTHER things.
Jenneee!!!! What are you doing telling those scawy stories again, hmmm? :P
I think that happened to me once about not getting a penny back, and I didn't say anything but still...it was MY penny!! :)
I would not worry about the penny at all. Not worth the effort to even take the penny.
What I would do is when they go to hand the penny to me I would stare at them without moving a muscle and see what they do!
"Pick-n-Save actually has those little machines that spit out your change."
Is that would those little bowls are for???
I always put my drink it them. Like the drink holder in my computer.
I would want my penny too. In my twisted mind that penny could of been the one I needed to equal another dollar in my penny bank. lol
Post a Comment